Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Community Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Welcome To Hellworth Academy

Go down 
    +5
    capslok
    Fireballs-Attack
    Kat
    Suzen
    Evil KittyX
    9 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

Welcome To Hellworth Academy Empty
    PostSubject: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 pm

If you would like to join, click here --> Hellworth's Student Files

Welcome to Hellworth Academy, a school for talented individuals. The school is located in the center of Leviathan’s Lake and exists between the human world and the underworld, so only those that have received a special invitation can enter. Here students can learn from a wide range of subjects, from art to zoology or from the arcane arts to the martial arts. All students are welcome from either realm regardless of race, gender, or religion, and looks down on discrimination.

Overview:
    Basically, it’s a magic school for weirdoes, and we play the students in this crazy school. Classrooms the size of stadiums, lessons taught in various locations, bedrooms designed based on the student's taste and personality, rooms changing location over night, a giant serpent living around the school, and things not of this world lurking in the hallways.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hugo glared across the vast, empty body of water known as Leviathan's Lake in the human world. The lake's dark blue surface shimmered in the afternoon sun, but Hugo could not marvel at its beauty. His heart was racing a mile a minuet and his tail twitched and frizzled as he stared at his reflection inches away from the lake edge. "The sun looks like a halo behind my head..." Hugo noted within his mind, taking that as an omen he was going to die if this didn't work. Hugo's mother, Sarah, approached from the car not far from Hugo, placed her hands on his shoulders, turned him around, and looked him in the eyes, "Hugo...You have to go. I fear you will no longer be safe at home, and I can not protect you forever. Here this school will give you the education you need and the safety from prejudice people... I'm sure you'll do fine without me." With a quick kiss on his forehead, Hugo's mother turned him back toward the lake and gave him a little nudge. Hugo swallowed hard before tightly clenching his bags and a special broacher, that acted as a ticket into the school, and to his first step across the lake's edge.

To Hugo's amazement, his foot vanished just beyond the lake edge. In fear, Hugo pulled it back and gave a quick glance at his mother who just gave a kind smile while make a pushing motion with her hands. Hugo took one last deep breath and charged through the inviable barrier without a second thought. Once through, Hugo found himself standing on a large, red brick bridge connection the shore to an island in the middle with an enormous stone, blue roofed building made with the same red bricks. Hugo looked on with aw as he spoke, "So that must be-," but was cut off when something hit his back, nearly knocking him over. "Move it freak, time doesn't stop when you do." came a miffed voice from behind Hugo. "I'm sorry, I just wasn't-" Hugo fell silent when he saw who bumped into him. It was a demon with a Caucasian skin tone but with four eyes and arms and towering over Hugo by three and a half feet. When Hugo didn't finish his answer, the demon simply rolled his eyes and pushed past the small halfbreed.

It was after that moment Hugo notice lots of people, both humans and demons of different ages, entering the bridge from beyond the barrier. To him, it looked as if everyone was materializing out of thin air, as beyond the bridge was an empty lake shore. In truth, they are all entering from different locations around the lake, and arriving at the bridge with the help of the broacher.

It took another person tripping over Hugo's bags to pull him from his awestruck state and remind he needed to get moving. Hugo fallowed the crowd of students until he came to the school's entrance, two large, dark green doors with gold borders and the school's mascot, Leviathan, etched in gold across both
    doors. Hugo took in the details if the doors for only a moment before passing through with everyone else.

Once inside, Hugo saw several demons addressing the crowd that has formed in the lobby. "Welcome new or returning students. If you have any questions regarding your schedule or room assignment, feel free to ask anyone with a blue band around their arm. They are the student affairs staff members," said a demon standing near the door and pointing to the group with blue armbands. Hugo followed directions and head for the closes one to him. It was a demoness with black skin, long silver, white hair and red eyes that looked to be in her twenties.

When Hugo saw her, his heart skipped a beat. "Um... c-can you tell me where I have t-to go an pick up my schedule?" Hugo asked, to shy to look her in the eye. The demoness gave a small smile, and pointed in a direction behind Hugo and said, "Over there is the student affairs office. If you get in that line, they should have your schedule and room number waiting for you." The demoness's voice was so heavenly to Hugo, he didn't pay attention to what she was saying. Blushing, he asked her if should could repeat what she said and blamed the crowd from his lack of hearing. The demoness complied, and Hugo thanked her but hesitated when he didn't know how to address her. "Iris," was all she said before turning her attention to another student with questions. "Well I guess living at this school wont be all bad." Hugo thought to himself as he got into the long line formed in front of the office.
    Back to top Go down
    Suzen
    Counselor
    Suzen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 am

"I've had about enough of you! You're going back to SCHOOL!"
    "Oh come on, I've done that like ten times before!"
    "It is out of the question, young lady!"
    "You can be such a jerk, dad!"

And then Dee was there. In the middle of the main hall of Hellsworth academy. The people stared around as the young Reaper appeared, with her skeletal body and dark hood. As she stood in the middle of mob of students, Dee magicked a pair of gloves around her fingers.
    "Hii everyone!" she yelled at the crowd, as they dispersed around her, now uninterested in the girl.

Dee started floating around he hallways for a bit, while looking for her schedule and room. She had already forgotten about her possessive father. Being as confused as ever, Dee ended up pissing off a few teachers who were walking around as she was merrily swinging about her scythe.
    Being dragged to the principal's office my first day? Maaaaaan this has got to be the worst start of the year I've ever had... was what warped through her mind when she entered the large office. Before her sat the principal, a man she expected to see many more times. As the girl entered, she saw the human male that was in charge of the academy sit down in his large chair, and after a short conversation they came to an understanding. After all, she was a special case. After leaving the office with her scythe now concealed, Dee took off and went looking for her schedule and room. She lined up with the other students, and found herself standing behind a guy, who seemed human but also clearly had some demon blood in him, and who seemed new around here too.
    "Hey, my name's Dee, who are you?"
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 am

While Hugo waited in line, he decided to look around at the school's interior. The floor was made of beige and black colored marble in a checkered patter, and the walls where made of beige colored bricks. The hallways were lit with what Hugo thought was lamps, but in truth, they where simple orbs of light. The place Hugo noticed that wasn't lit by magic light was the school foyer which was lit by a glamorous chandelier. When Hugo looked down from the bright ceiling decoration, he notice a bronzed statue that some of the student affairs staff were standing around. "I must not have noticed it when I met Iris," thought Hugo as he took the statue of what he assumed was the school's founder.

The bronzed figure was, to Hugo's surprise, a human, or at least he looked like one, that stud up strait with his arms folded behind his back. the founder looked to be in his fifties, with nicely combed hair and a full facial hair package, but trimmed short to show class. The expression he wore gave Hugo shivers as it looked like the statue was looking right into his soul with its cold, lifeless eyes. Joining him in his glare was, what Hugo guessed, a young Leviathan coiled around the founder's feet and spiraling upward and ending next to the man's head.

It took a voice coming from behind Hugo to break his trans-like state away from the statue. At first, Hugo thought it might be that four armed guy from earlier, but found it was not when he looked back. Before him was a figure dressed in a black cloak, but Hugo could only guess this person's gender was female from the voice. "Um... Hi Dee...m-my name is Hugo-Hugo Vennes." he said, a little frightened by the fact this girl reminded him of someone.

Back to top Go down
    Kat
    Penitent
    Kat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 am

The prattling of many little feet echoed through the corridor, blending with the ambient sound of the Hellsworth Students. Kamu walked along at a weary pace as she lazily glanced behind her at the tiny first year students. They were a mixing pot of expressions, some trembled with fear, excitement, others held their composure, the older members of the group mostly. Though they all varied in ages, with the group's oldest member was entering the fourth grade, they all shared a common factor: they were lost and Kamu was leading them in the right direction.

“This way,” she sighed, opening a black stone door into the lobby. The sudden shift from the dim corridor to the bright lights and sounds of the room, drew a small whimper from a few of the little ones. She lifted a hand, “O'er dere's the line you need be standin in. They'll lead ya to class,” she turned to the group and gave them what she thought was an encouraging smile, “Go on, ya need me no longer. Smooth sailin from here on kids.” Hesitantly, the mob, a mix of demons, humans and even halfbreeds, disbanded, going toward the office. “Ello there love! Turned martyr I ssssee. Leading the helplesss sssheep around eh?,” from the shadows next to her, a demon slunk, his snake eyes glaring at her, “Care for a walk friend?”

“I ain't no martyr,” she snapped back, “N I aintcha friend cause we same grade. Keep it in ya mind, Immoth.” Immoth's hooves clattered loudly as he circled her, “But you don't like our kind. What'sss in it for you I wonder?”
    Kamu slid in front of him, her eyes locked with his, “Don ya gots nothin better to do? I ain't one for idle talk, freak show.”

“But I'm not the one that performsss in a circusss, soft-body.”

“Tings like yous the reason dey made Demon Hunters, ya know?”

The damon hissed, “Oooh, low blow again. My parentsss roll in their gravess every time.”

“Give way, chimera. Jus cause I lead em, don mean I like em. But you,” Kamu starts to walk toward the Student Affairs office,
    “Ya deservin of a special kind'o hate. No, tis deeper den hate, one we had ten years workin on.”

“Oh how sssweet, all our time together, all those classesss, you remember them all! Oh how I love you dearly, soft-creature.”

Kamu makes a rude gesture toward him before melding with the crowd.
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 am

Hugo, desperate for a way to avoid talking with Dee, looked to his backside and found he was next in line. "Um... oh hey, I'm next. I...better be going before we hold up the line..."

Hugo arrived at the Student Affairs office window just as the person before was leaving. A demon behind the window made a small glance at Hugo before turning to stack of files and asked, "Name?" "Hugo, Vennes," he answered. The demon searched through the files and found one marked 'Vennes, Hugo'. Opening it up he produced a sheet of paper and handed it to Hugo. While the he handed Hugo the paper, the demon began to run down a list of scripted instructions, "Your classes will start first thing tomorrow morning, lunch is at noon, you can eat in the cafeteria or the court yard. All of the boys' rooms are in the east wing while the girls are in the west, no boy is to be in the west wing past curfew and vice versa. The first number of your room number tells you what floor you are on, the same goes for your class numbers. If you are tardy to any of your classes for any reason, you will receive detention. All classes end a 4:00 in which you are free to do as you please. Curfew is at 10:00, if you are caught pass that time, you will be punished. Use of magic is not permitted within school halls unless you are instructed to do so. Here is you room key. If you lose it, we can summon back to this office but you will receive a penalty for the loss of your key...That is all, move along"

Hugo thanked the demon and scanned his schedule as he was leaving but halted mid-step when he saw something odd. "Why do I have a therapy scheduled after my first period?!" Hugo rushed back to ask, jumping in front of Dee. "The school looked into your past and found something that might hinder your studies here at the academy. So we have therapists live on campus to help students with any mental issues or phobias. If you miss your session, you will receive detention as well as an unpleasant reminder the next time you try to dodge the the session." said the demon without looking at Hugo. Angered, Hugo stated, "But I don't need therapy. I'm fine... is there anyway can get this changed?" The demon dropped what he was doing a looked Hugo in the eye and said, "No." The demon once again turned back to what he was doing an waited for the next person inline. Still pissed, Hugo stormed off to find his room so he could let off some steam.

It took Hugo a while, but he managed to find his room on second floor. "Room 234," he said to himself just before using his key. When Hugo opened his door, his jaw dropped at its interior. Spanning larger than physically possible in a school that size, Hugo found himself staring into a rain forest canopy complete with a steam running from a large pool of water formed at the base of a waterfall. Near the steam was a king sized bed with matching sheets and comforter,a wardrobe for clothing, desk for paperwork, and a night stand with a clock modeled after the rain forest theme. Hugo took a look a moment to look at the other new students who wore the same face as he was upon opening their doors. "Now this school is becoming a little more than freaky." Hugo thought as he made his way into the "room".
    Back to top Go down
    Fireballs-Attack
    Apprentice
    Fireballs-Attack

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 am

Raien wandered through the school trying his best to fit in. Luckily, there were other demons in the school more freakish than him, so he wasn't given too much attention. Looks like I made the right choice coming here. Hopefully I won't get in trouble again. Raien thought, thinking of the time he had gotten in alot more than a little trouble. Of course that's also how he discovered his resistance to burning to death and being squashed by boulders. Although he didn't enjoy nearly drowning and trying to survive a tornado.

"Watch it!" An annoyed voice cut through his thoughts.
    "Huh?" Raien looked behind him. A medium sized human or maybe a half breed glared at him. He had light skin, with a hint of green. The air around him suggested he had uncontrollable fire powers, but what mostly gave away his powers was fire dancing around him.
    "Move it. You're moving so slow." the fire user said. Raien responded by slashing at him, causing the fire user to jump back.
    "Make me." Raien said, speaking slowly to annoy the fire user.

A small fireball attacked Raien, only to burst around him. Sparks of fire danced around Raien but soon disappeared as the fire user shut them off with magic. The fire user then ran off. Raien spotted a mean looking demon who was obviously a teacher and knew why the fire user had ran off.

Now I just have to figure out how to get to class. Raien thought then decided to not ask the mean teacher demon where to go.

"Get to class!" Raien didn't make the choice of talking to the teacher demon or not as the teacher demon shouted in his face.
    "I don't know where to go. I'm new." Raien said.
    "First day? Go to student affairs and give your name. Be quick about it."

Raien mumbled a thank you before rushing off. Dammit, I don't know where student affairs is. He remembered and went searching for the student affairs room.
    Back to top Go down
    capslok
    Admin
    Admin
    capslok

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 am

I stuffed the schedule into my pocket without a second glance. Plenty of time to moan over it later. I stepped out of student services, pushing past the gaggle of newcomers at the door. I'd had room two-ninety two for the past…five years now. Wow. Had it been that long?

I jammed my hands into my pockets and picked up the pace. Who'd be my roomie this year? Obviously not Lynn. Freaky little twat. My feet knew the way to the room by themselves, practically. And the door was the same as ever. I stopped for a moment, rested my head against the panels. Felt nice.

I pocketed the key as I entered, and brushed the hair out of my face for a better look. My half of the room looked the same as it ever did—every thing hung from the ceiling. Upper half of the room was mine, the roomy got the floor below me. Everyone was happy. Unless the person living on the downstairs was a jerk and a half. I smirked and pulled the cloak and bag off my back. Time for a little unpacking, methinks. The room magic was good, but there were always a few details…

Cloak and bag in hand, I buzzed my wings, and flew up. Yep, the bookshelves would need to be arranged. I peeked into the dresser—clothes heaped willy-nilly.

BUT THAT COULD WAIT. I WAS HUNGRY.

I perched on the edge of the nightstand, and swandove off, rocketing towered the door.

Back to top Go down
    Tk Dark-Lord
    Penitent
    Tk Dark-Lord

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:55 am

"Stupid school..." Mumbled Dak, while bumping through a bunch of other students who were chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!" But Dak didn't care and he bumped into some demons who were fighting for, who know what. Then the bigger one stopped for a second and growled "Hey, what are you doin'!" Dak replied "Walkin' around and it seems like it bothers you so I'll just keep doin' it.". The demon came up to Dak and was about to punch him, in the face but some human who looked like the principal stoped him, while that happened Dak walked away. Sooner he found the student affairs room were they could not find his file...
    Back to top Go down
    Suzen
    Counselor
    Suzen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:09 am

"Um... Hi Dee...m-my name is Hugo-Hugo Vennes." The boy responded, after backing away from her strangely. Dee observed for a while, as he went on "Um... oh hey, I'm next. I...better be going before we hold up the line..." Dee tried to make some more contact, but the boy backed away quickly, seemingly frightened, as he quickly hurried for his schedule and walked away from her. Dee didn't pay too much attention to it, and got her own schedule.

While the people were still often staring at Dee's strange appearance, she was starting to meld in with the crowd. Having forgotten about simply teleporting there, Dee floated through the halls looking for her room. 462D, here I am. The door opened.

And while floating inside, Dee bumped into another girl, who knocked the both of them backwards. Her roommate, Dee presumed, while laughing at the silly scene. Until suddenly, with her hood blown off, she stood, or rather hung, face to face with the girl, who seemed a human, with some characteristics of... a wasp? And then suddenly, she realised.

"R-.. Reese?!" Dee yelled out while striding forwards, wanting to give the girl a hug, but instantly drawing herself back, before letting out a little shreek of joy.
    "Where have you been?"
    Back to top Go down
    capslok
    Admin
    Admin
    capslok

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

I picked myself up off the floor, and groaned. Something didn't feel right. I checked my nose, fingers, wings. All fine. With a shrug, I pushed myself to my feet. I'd worry about it later. Hopefully I the other person hadn't been killed. It wouldn't look great on my file.

"R-.. Reese?!" I jumped about a mile at the voice. Y'know what deja vu was? Right. One of those. It was familiar, so familiar. Which was weird. I'm not the most observant of people. With a frown, I turned to face her, ignoring the shriek.

Oh. My. Jesus. This was not possible. Not possible. But yet, here it was. Here she was. I sat down, awestruck. It had to be her. The gloves, the hood, the conspicuous lack of legs...

"...Dee..? How the...What..Where?" I didn't even know what to say. What do you say to someone you haven't seen in forever? The corners of my mouth twitched up, and I self-conciously tugged on my left antenna.

"I…I haven't seen you in years." I shoved my hair out of my face for a better look. Was she even taller, or was it just cause I was sitting down?
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:22 am

After he finished unpacking his things, for the past half hour, Hugo was exploring his jungle-like room to the fullest. He found out there where no animals to bug him, and there were invisible barriers surrounding the area to prevent him from wondering to far in this dimension. He could go so far as the waterfall and even drink from pool at its base. Another thing Hugo found out was that the temperature of the room did not match an actual rain forest, and began to wonder if this is some sort of advanced illusion. Hugo didn't think long because the sound of the door unlocking broke his concentration. When he looked, Hugo saw the door expand in a manner similar to a cartoon door. Once it finished, the doorknob turned, and walked in his roommate.

This student had a light tan skin tone and was large in both height and width reaching about 7"8 and looking to be around 300 to 400 pounds, most of it muscle from Hugo's point of view. His arms and legs were as thick at tree trunks, and he was dressed in a brown leather kilt, boots and vest. The head had long, spiky, red hair that reached the small of his back. And finally the face, which looked like that of a chubby teen but with a small fang showing on the left side of his mouth, and a peach fuzz beard that darkened the closer it got to his chin.

With a look of irritation, the student glanced around the till his bright, blue eyes fell upon Hugo sitting on the large bed. "You've got three seconds to move your monkey ass off my bed before I get suspended for killing a student," said the new student while he face turned as red as his hair. Hugo was quick to scurry off the bed in time before the huge student seemed to cannonball himself into the bed. the springs seemed to scream under his weight, but the bed held together. Hugo, though frightened of the student, decided to at least try and get on his good side by introducing himself, "Uh...hi, my name is Hugo Vennes. I guess this means we're roommates..." The large student looked at Hugo through half closed eyes, while attempting to sleep, and said, "Brick," before turning away from Hugo.

"I can tell rooming with him is going to be fun," Hugo though as he decided not to further disturb "Brick" and figured he should take a look around the school before curfew. A quick peek at the clock told Hugo it was now 3:00 pm. ,and as Hugo walked back to the door, he saw that it was back to normal for his size.

Exiting the room, Hugo saw several other students seemed to have the same idea as they were walking and talking with their friends while looking every which way. "Sigh, I wish I my friend was here..." Hugo said to himself as began walking down the hall across from his room.

Hugo spent an hour wondering the school alone. At first he tried to visit his teachers that he was going to be seeing tomorrow morning, but all of their doors were locked and no one answered when he knocked. Then Hugo figured he could get a look at their library, even though he was not much of a book reader. When he found the library door and opened it, Hugo wore the same face as when he first opened the door to his room.

The Library was like the inside of a square shaped tower, with the top being the entrance and the bottom spanning far beyond the ground floor. Each floor was lit by four floating spheres of light, one fore each wall, and the only way to go down was to follow the clockwise descent of the stares, of course, those with flight or good jumping ability would use that to get around. In the center was a pillar with a large, semicircle desk with an elderly male demon behind it. The sheer size of the library made Hugo think, "I... probably wont find anything in here unless I'm told where to look. I think I'll continue looking around the school." And with that, Hugo left the room unaware that the librarian was watching him.

It was about about 6:20 when Hugo felt ready to return to his room, but just as he was making his way back, a voice rang out in his mind, "You have arrived... It can finally begin..." Hugo stopped in his tracks upon hearing the voice and checked to see if he could find the speaker. Hugo quickly found he was the only one in the hallway at the time. A splashing noise drew Hugo to a nearby window just in time to see the glittering scales of a huge serpent vanish deep below the lake's surface. "I... I think I'm ready to see my psychiatrist now..."

When Hugo returned to his room, Brick was still sleeping, but in between the time Hugo was gone, Brick had thrown all of Hugo's clothes out on the ground. Hugo wanted to say something, but he feared what Brick might do to him if he complained. Depressed, Hugo went about retrieving his things and looked around for a spot he could put his things. It was then he noticed a large tree with stare case carved into the side. Following that, Hugo found himself in a bedroom built into the tree top. Relieved that he found another be, Hugo placed his things in the proper place than lied on his bed, daydreaming about the horrors he might face tomorrow.
    Back to top Go down
    xofaytox
    Apprentice
    xofaytox

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 am

"Again Nero, thank you for the help. I don't know what I would do with out you around." Professor Barbaden, the Botany teacher, said as she began removing the contents from within her bag. "Are you sure you don't have anywhere you need to be?"

Nero was arranging large pots of soil around the greenhouse building. He helped out as kind of a teachers aid. Performing duties such as keeping the room clean or watering the plants. In return, he was allowed to use the facilities as he wished. "It's fine. I arrived early, so I already picked up my schedule."

"It's the first day back from summer vacation, Nero. I figured you would rather see your friends than spend your time in here." Nero didn't respond. He never really went out of his way to make friends with the other students. He had nothing against anyone, he was just more interested in his research than developing a social life. He wanted to try and develop his abilities to heal others, but found it more difficult than he thought. Neros powers were uncommon for a human, and seemed to be a dying power among the non-humans. He is known as a Chloromancer, a being who has control over various plants. Unfortunately for Nero, in order for him to heal others, he not only has to have an expansive knowledge of the properties of different plant life but also of the construct of the various body types within both the human and demon world. Professor Barbaden was very kind for a demon and sympathized with Neros struggle to learn all that he could. "I think I can handle everything else here. You go get settled in your room and rest up. You have a big day tomorrow." Nero looked up form his work. He had forgotten all about his dorm room. He had only been going to Hellworth for two years, and in both of those years he had had the same roommate. This year was different however. His old roommate had the ability to regulate his body temperature to extreme conditions, but had a hard time controlling it. Nero planted a seed within his body that helped him control the temperature, but the seed wasn't strong enough to last without Nero nearby. Eventually the seed burned up, along with his roommates body. Nero didn't have very much attachment to him, but he felt as if he had failed to save him. Now he had a new roommate, hopefully one that he could coexist with.

On his way to the west wing, he noticed all the students arriving and being lead to the registration office. There where a few familiar faces, but non he could put a name too. All except Riddel Fischl, a demon girl who was his lab partner once in Botany. He was quite fond of her, but any advances he tried to make turned into him mumbling from behind his scarf. In the end he figured it would be best if he focused of his studies than on a girl. He tried to ignore her as best as he could, but she always seemed to be in the same classes as him.

Finally he made it to the Residential Halls. Struggling a little with his luggage, he climbed the stairs to the fourth floor. A few others were arriving at their assigned rooms when he stopped in front of his. Room 419. He already knew what to expect when he opened the door. His half of the room always looked the same. It appeared to be a plain ordinary bedroom, consisting of a wooden desk and chair, A large wooden dresser, a large bed with a wooden frame, and a round rug on the floor with a unique pattern that seemed to tell some unknown story. The woodwork on the furniture had a similar pattern along the edges, and on the headboard of the bed were strange symbols. They appeared to be carved into it with a knife and were of a language that was unknown to Nero.There was something about the room that was comforting to him. He had never seen it before he had arrived to Hellworth, but it was all so familiar. He took in a deep breath and began unpacking his belongings. He was putting the last of his clothes in the dresser when he heard a key in the door. He turned to look, and standing in the doorway was a boy about the same age as him and about an inch or two shorter. He had thick glasses and light blue hair that reached all the way down to his elbows. The most peculiar thing about him was his eyebrows. They seemed to go out past the sides of his head. That, his fangs, and sharp claws indicated that he was at least half demon. Nero didn't have any right to talk about fashion sense, but this guy's idea of clothing style was odd to say the least. Everything seemed to be asymmetrical. His shirt only had one sleeve that went far beyond the length of his arm and the legs of his pants were connected with chains that criss-crossed all the way down to his ankles. Nero had no idea how anyone would be able to walk in them.

"Hello, you must be my roommate! My names Adriani Dine. Its good to meet you." As Adriani took a step forward Nero noticed that the chains in his pants seemed to extend to the length of his step. So that's how he walks in them! Once his foot touched the floorboards the construct of the room changed. Neros half stayed the same, but the rest of the room changed so that it resembled a swamp, minus the smell. "Well this is a surprise. Looks just like home!" Nero pondered on what kind of home Adriani lived in, but decided to put it out of his mind.

"My name is Nero Belkin. It's good to meet you Adriani." Nero actually liked the change of scenery. With his old roommate it always changed between warm and cold climates. This swamp on the other hand had a variety of strange plants he had never seen before. "Do you need help with your things or anything?"

"Hmm? Oh! No no no, I'm fine! I got everything I need right here." Adriani held up a small bag that he had slung over his shoulder. Nero was going to question why he would only bring that, but before he knew it Adriani was elbow deep in the thing. The bag must of been enchanted because of the amount of clothes he removed would never be able to fit otherwise. It didn't take Adriani long before he was all settled in. They talked a little, about where they were from, what they were studying, interest and activities. Their personalities were very different but over all Adriani seemed like a good person. Nero decided to go to bed early. Tomorrow was going to be a hectic day.
    Back to top Go down
    Kat
    Penitent
    Kat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm

"As one of the older members of the school," a half-demon, mostly resembling a human except for the two large hands that closely resembled that of a mole's, paced in front of the group of first year college students, "You will be appointed the special rank of 'Guardian' within the school." There didn't seem to be many students, with a quick glance, Kamu estimated around sixty or so. Sixty, what a pitiful number from the four hundred that entered together as kindergartners so long ago, the girl thought as she crossed her arms. "Now, your job as guardian is to simply make sure the students aren't breaking the rules. Simple," a moan escaped the students, "Hey hey! Just think of next year when you'll be appointed a student to mentor! Fun right?" the students continued droning in despair. Kamu was more concerned with the teacher's sex, the voice would be too deep for a woman but too high pitched for a male; its hair was cut wildly and its clothes were too baggy to see any... features and he was about four feet tall. "Quiet everyone! Its time to pick a Leader of the First year Guardians and a Vice Leader," the voices of the students were silent.

A long moment's pass, the students fidgeted nervously, "Don't everyone move at once," the teacher chuckled, "Well, how about you pick a leader then?" Kamu began grinding her teeth, the crowd favorite was Harkus, a demon, and she would not be bossed around by one of those creatures. Just as she was about to volunteer, she was pushed to the front of the crowd; they began to mumble and nod in agreement. "Hm? And why do you pick her students," the instructor asked cheerfully. Kamu shook her head at the reasons, "She hates everyone, she won't favor one person over the next" they said "Yeah, she'll make sure the job gets done properly," and "She'll do what is right I'm sure." The students continued to throw out reasons and the instructor nodded, "Well then. I, Instructor Mackel R. Justi, hereby appoint you Leader of First Year Guardians," Mackel ties a lime green band with a bronze roman numeral one and the letter A onto her bicep, "Oh, eh, what's your name?"

The woman shook her head, "Kamu Suwedi," she replies. Instructor Justi nods and gives her a pat on the shoulder, beaming, "Uphold the rules of the school to the fullest! Dispense Justice as you see fit! Fate of the school is in your hands," the instructor says quite passionately. Snickers escape from the class, "Now who shall be the Vice Leader?" the half-demon asks. "I will," he had the body of a human covered in scales on top and a lower half covered in fur going down to his two hooves; from behind his neck was a hood not unlike a cobra's, and his eyes were bright yellow and snake like. The demon strode fourth with confidence, he smirked at Kamu.

"No. NO! Not him. Methinks ya forgot how bad ova guy he is," Kamu shouts at the students, "Pick sommon else," she shrieks to the instructor. "Well, he volunteered... You have to award and encourage initiative," Instructor Justi smiles at the deamon, "Are there any objections?" The student body was silent, "Well then, I, Instructor Mackel R. Justi.." the words faded out as Kamu glared at the students. Were they doing this on purpose? It was a well known fact that they hated each other... "Immoth Nive," the demon stated his name, still smirking at Kamu as the teacher tied a band with a bronze roman numeral one and the letter B, onto the demon's massive arm.

She was in distress, the rest of the teacher's speech was muddled by the pure anger that was boiling within Kamu. "Well then, to your rooms," Instructor Justi said, the rest of the students, now wearing the same band, without the letter, began to trickle through the doorway. "Sorry Miss K," a demon covered in white fur patted the girl on the shoulder, his blue eyes full of grief, said to Kamu. "Yeah, we just thought he'd balance you out, ya know," a student said as they exited the room. "We've got the 'Neutral Good'," the same white furred demon said pointing to Kamu, "And the 'Neutral Evil'," he said pointing to Immoth, who stood next to the door of the room.

Back in the safety of her dorm, she lay on her bed, in the small cabin sitting over a swamp, restlessly thrashing about. "Buck up lass," her roommate, a demon that looked like a glowing yellow skinned fairy, with bright orange hair, standing at four foot tall, tried to comfort Kamu. "Ye ain't got handpickins fer the rest o' the twelvemonth. Make good with storm winds," the fairy waved a finger about. Kamu's brows contracted as she look at the demon, "Whaddahell ya talkin bout, Arti?" The fairy pulled on her long pointed ears, "Sod..." Although they had spent around ten years in the same room, they still had difficulty understanding each other. Arti often had to think through Kamu's thick accent; Kamu herself hardly understood the ramblings of the fairy. "I reckon 'S time fer me ta shove off eh? See ya at first brighting..." Arti disappeared in a cloud of sparkles.

Kamu went to sleep and unlike most students that night, she could wait for morning...
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 am

That night, Hugo had a dream: he found himself underwater, but he wasn't drowning. He was just floating in the water with nothing in site as far as his eyes could see. But then, a voice spoke out to him, "It has been so long. At last... it can begin...I can be born anew... All I need for you to do young one... is wait... and live...survive..." Before Hugo could ask what the voice meant, a large serpent charged from the murky blackness and swallowed Hugo whole.

Hugo awoke with a fright just before his clock rang at 6:00 am to announce it was time to get ready for class. With a yawn, Hugo rose from his bed and grabbed a change of clothes, than headed for the ground floor of his room. Along the way he noticed, Brick was still sleeping and Hugo noticed he had not seen him move since yesterday. He shrugged it off and went out the door to find the bathroom. Once there, Hugo took a quick shower and, after returning his sleep wear and freshening up, he made his way to his first class: History with a Ms. Meddes in room 203.

When Hugo arrived at the classroom, he found it was somewhat like his dorm room as the classroom's interior was the of a flower meadow, but with desk and a floating blackboard. Hugo also noticed a number of students had already arrived and taken seats. Hugo found his own near the front, and upon sitting he noticed hit teacher for the first time. Ms. Meddes was a flower demon with vines for hair and flowers growing for decoration. Her entire outfit was made up from large petals and leaves, and every step she made on the ground, flowers rapidly grew. "HELLO CLASS!! Welcome to Hell's History, where here to will learn about the great history of Hell and its wars, hardship, and triumphs. Wont that be fun!? Teehee." said Ms. Meddes with an attitude so perky is made most of the students cringe. As if to add to the her overwhelming sweetness, Ms. Meddes seemed to dance and twirl as she spoke, "And my classroom will also act as your homeroom for the rest of the year, isn't that great?! That mean if there is ever an emergency or an important announcement for our class, we'll all get to see each other AGAIN!" Everyone, including Hugo, groaned at this news.

Once the school bell rang to announce the start of classes, Ms.Meddes began her class by singing the roll call. As she sang, everyone but one student answered, "Bridget Hallow♪ Oh Bridget♪ Hmm... where is that boy. Umm... Hugo was is it? Do you know where Bridget is? It says here, you and he are roommates." "Is that why he calls himself Brick?" thought Hugo before answering, "I be leave he's still sleeping, ma'am." Ms.Meddes looked down upon hearing that new , and it caused the flowers in her hair to wilt a bit, "Oh his father is not going to like that one bit...Oh well, it’s his loss, because we are going to have one heck of a first day, aren't we? (the class was silent) Yeah!" And just like that, Ms.M was back to her overly cheerful self.

After an hour and thirty minuets, the classes ended with Hugo learning a little about the early battles between the angels and demons. It was a little hard to take the bloody battles seriously since Ms.M always told the battles as if they were a child's story book. "The great General Fortmon and his men slaughtered over 100 angels before a small squadron of nasty arch angels infiltrated General Fortmon's camp and silently killed of his men in the night. The following morning, the General's allies found his head on thrust on a pike and surrounded by his slain men. Those were not some very nice angels." she would say while the Hugo and the rest felt embarrassed to be read to like that.

Once out, Hugo had to report directly to a Ms.Lambra's office, one of the school's psychologist. He still wondered why he would need a psychologist here, but decided they would pull him out when she found there was nothing wrong with him. When he arrived on opened the door, he was greeted with the floor being nothing but water. The rest of the room looked normal with a deck, chair, and potted plants sitting on the surface like it was a solid floor, but Hugo was hesitant to step in for fear of falling in. Just as he was contemplating whether he should just leave, something in the water caught his eye. Seconds later, a blue skinned demon with gills in her neck surfaced and rose out of the water enough to stand on it. "Hi, you must be Hugo Vennes, am I right?" she asked while casting a spelled that instantly dried her business attire. All Hugo could do was nod as the light reflecting off the water danced on his face. "Don't worry, you won’t sink... Come on Hugo, this is part of your therapy... Just take my hand, I won’t let you drown." Ms. Lambra said while holding out her blue, scaly hand. Hugo slowly reached out to grab her hand, and was surprised to find it warm to the touch. With Hugo feeling a little calmer now, Ms. Lambra gradually leads him to the chair and told him to sit upon it. Once Hugo was seated, Ms.L found it hard for Hugo to let go out of fear. "Hugo, we can't start if you keep holding my hand like this." Ms. Lambra said before jerking her hand away from Hugo's grip. Once their link was broken, Hugo could not help but dart his eyes around at the water wondering if and when the magic would fail and cause him to go under.

Taking a seat in a chair near Hugo, Ms.Lambra began to speak, "Now Hugo, the reason you are here is not only to help you overcome your fear of water, but to help you learn the uses of your powers." Hugo was about to ask how she knew, but Ms.Lambra held up a hand and said, "When your mother signed you up for this school, she mentioned an incident that occurred when you were only three years old in which you nearly drowned to death in lake. The school felt the trauma might affect your studies since it appears you are afraid of large bodies of water and the school is in the middle of a lake. It was also mentioned on the day of your near death experience, you discovered your power over water, but because of your trauma, you repressed it to this day." "How did you find that out?" Hugo asked. "The school sometimes knows more out about the students than they know about themselves." answered Ms.Lambra with a small smile.

The following hour and thirty minuets, consisted of Ms.Lambra asking Hugo a series of questioned pertaining to the incident, and letting Hugo ask her a few question to establish trust. By the time it was over Hugo managed to stand on the water... for about 30 seconds without asking for help.

Then came the 1st 45 minuet lunch break after third period. The cafeteria was right next to the school's court yard which, to Hugo's shock, was not enchanted to look like various locations. It was almost like a small park with trees, bushes, a fountain, chirping birds, and a cobblestone walkway circling the entire area. There was even a few tables with parasols attached for shade.

Hugo got in line to pick up his lunch. Behind the serving cart, there was a demon and a human serving food made from human and demon recipes. Since Hugo was raised in the human world, human food was his what he was starting with. There was a surprisingly large selection of dishes to chose from, but he stuck with the average cheese burger and fruit juice. Once his food was selected, Hugo set about the task of finding a place where he could be alone. A look out the large windows displaying the courtyard told Hugo there was one table devoid of people, and his first thought was, "Solitude." Seated, Hugo began observing the students around him as it was his past time during lunch at his old school. Most seemed freaky to him since he was not use to seeing demons, and it surprised him a little to see many of them conversing with humans and treating them as equals. "Why did I have to grow up surrounded by people who hate me?" Hugo asked himself as he remembered how his past fifteen years had been in the human world. Hugo's concentration was broken when a familiar face showed up and sat down across from him. It was Iris.
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:45 pm

In an undisclosed location within the school

"Are you sure you can teach him in time?"
    "We all will try our best to prepare him. We made a bit of progress earlier today, so with hope, he'll be ready within a few months."
    "I can't say the same about Leviathan, she grows weaker with each passing day..."
    "I've heard, some of the rooms have been changing without command. Others have been collapsing. Thankful no one has been hurt so far, but it won’t be long till others start looking into the truth behind our excuses."
    "Just keep them safe and unaware of what’s really happening. By the way, I've also caught wind of a few rats within our school... rumors have it they're working for Oshunmare. Do you know anything about that?"
    "Oshunmare? What would the so called 'Great Serpent God' want with this school?"
    "Who knows what those above us are thinking... At any rate, we should pay the spies no mind unless they does something suspicious. Just keep preparing Hugo for the transfer, Leviathan is growing tired and the school is paying for it."
    "As you wish."

The school's courtyard: Lunch period
    "W-what did you say?" asked Hugo taken aback by Iris' question. "I asked if you would like to go to the pool with me after the classes are finished. Don't tell me your afraid to go swimming?" asked Iris with her best look of disappointment. Hugo face began to blush before admitting, "I-it's just that I had a bad experience with water while growing up in the human world..." "...I had the same problem once," Iris responded while rising up from her seat, "I once nearly drowned to death at a pool in the underworld. I was so traumatized by the event that I even avoided bathing for awhile." Both Hugo and Iris chuckled at that statement before Iris continued, "It wasn't until I came to this school that I overcame my fear of water. I meet someone who, like me, also overcame their fear of water. He was a human named Alex that learned, with help, that there was nothing to fear from the water. He taught me how to swim and love the water. I'm sure, when you're ready, I can help you just like he helped me." With that said Iris left Hugo to finish his lunch but for the bell calling for forth period.

After several hours of mind numbing boredom spent in classes designed to mimic Hugo's classes from the human world, the day was finally finished. For the rest of the afternoon, Hugo spent his time alone wondering around the school again. This time, to his relief, there were no voices or large monsters, and before Hugo knew it; it was time for bed. When he arrived in his room, Hugo was surprised to see Brick was gone. He wondered where he could be so close to curfew, but figured he might be in the bathroom. After ascending the stares to his treetop room and changing to his night clothes, Hugo got into bed and drifted off to sleep.

Hours later, a voice rang out into the minds of several students, Hugo included, "To all those who can hear my voice...gather in the courtyard... a matter of great importance looms in the near future." Hugo awoke to the voice, and wondered if he should follow it. A glance at his clock told him it was way pass curfew, and was about to return to sleep when the voice repeated itself. "If I get caught, I might be able to use my therapy as an excuse." Hugo thought as he gave into the voice's demand and tiptoed out of his room.
    Back to top Go down
    xofaytox
    Apprentice
    xofaytox

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:33 am

Nero awoke the next day to see that Adriani had already left for class. Nero had to check his clock again to make sure he had not over slept, something he was known to do often. How early did he get up? Nero was not a morning person. he headed down the hall to the bathrooms to take a shower and get ready. While in the shower he went over his schedule in his head. His first class was Botany with Professor Barbaden. Adriani had said that he also had Botany in the morning. I guess he just wanted to get a head start. After he was done washing up, Nero brushed his teeth and walked back to the room. As he entered he saw Adriani standing in the middle of the room. "Wait. When did you get back here?"

"Hmm? What are you talking about? I've been here the entire time. I talked to you before you went to the shower. Don't you remember?" What is he talking about? i never saw him this morning.

"Uh, forget about it. You already ready for class?" Nero hung up his wet towel and began getting dressed. Adriani seemed to be staring off into space. I wonder whats wrong with him? Maybe he isn't a morning person either. Once Nero was ready he grabbed his bag and the two headed for Professor Barbadens room. Nero could make his way to the Botony room in his sleep. He spent most of his time there experimenting and developing his powers. Once there Professor Barbaden greeted him and he took his usual seat. Adriani took the seat to his right and began asking him questions about the class. Nero didn't even notice the person take the seat to his left. "Ya the class isn't all that bad. I take it each year since it pertains to my studies."

"Hey Nero." Nero froze up as a chill went down his spine. He knew that voice all to well. He turned his head to see Riddel Fischl smiling at him. "Looks like we will be lab partners again this year." Nero could hear his own heart pounding. She was so beautiful. He turned away and quickly dug through his pack. Pulling out a couple of brown oval seeds, he quickly popped them into his mouth. He concentrated as the seeds sprouted within his body. This particular plant emits a soothing toxin, which relaxes the muscles of the body. Neros power allows him to safely live with various plants in his body. After a short while the plant will decompose and dissipate from his body. "Are you alright Nero?" Riddel looked at him with one eyebrow raised.

"I-I'm fine. I just needed to take my medicine. H-how was your summer?" She opened her mouth to talk, but Adriani pushed Nero out of the way and held his hand out.

"I'm Adriani by the way. Apparently Nero forgot to introduce me." Riddel laughed and took his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Adriani. I'm Riddel." Nero couldn't take his eyes off of their hands. He had a funny feeling in his stomach. Maybe those seeds were bad. Professor Barbadens called for the classes attention as she began taking role.

It was a very basic first day of classes. Most of the teachers just went over what all the class was going to be about. Adriani was in a couple of his classes, but not Riddel. At lunch he and Adriani sat together and he learned that Adriani and Riddel had four classes together. The same feeling in his stomach from the morning returned. Nero picked at his food, concluding that it must have been over cooked. That night he went to bed early. Adriani wanted to talk, he seemed excited about the upcoming year, but Nero told him he wasn't feeling good.

"To all those who can hear my voice...gather in the courtyard... a matter of great importance looms in the near future." Neros eyes shot open as he looked around the dark room. He could hear Adriani snoring. He rubbed his temples and grabbed his alarm clock. "What time is it... It's the middle of the night. Were did that voice come from." He tried to go back to sleep thinking it was a dream, but the voice echoed in his head. Letting out a big sigh he got out of bed and put on some pants. It wouldn't be the first time he had snuck out in the middle of the night, but those other times he did it for research. "This better not just be my imagination. I have not been having a good day."
    Back to top Go down
    simomate
    Secretary
    simomate

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am

OOC: I posted a bio, but wasn't sure if I had to be accepted. I hope it's alright if i make my first post?

The halfling’s eyes struggled to flicker open. He sat up, almost expressionless. For a minute he was senseless. Then he scratched his head, his eyes wandered across the room. He tried to remember how he got to this place. He was in a strange room. It was filled with tables of stone, with bottles of chemicals packed upon them. The tables were in rows, with chairs lined up against them all facing the blackboard. Each table had 2 chairs. The halfling noticed half chewed pieces of chalk scattered near the blackboard.
    Almost suddenly, loud bangs of footsteps were heard, and the chattering of many beings came closer. The halfling felt a sudden surge of panic, as if he had just recalled that this area was forbidden. The halfling realize he had but seconds to make up his mind. The footsteps grew near. The halfling glanced behind him, and noticed an old closet. Carefully, but swiftly, he crawled towards the closet. He opened it violently, he and slammed the door behind me. He took a deep sigh of relief, he had not knocked the chemicals over.
    It seemed he had only just made it. Students now lined up at the class door. They childishly shoved each other, each hoping he could be in the front. Those who were in front, pressed their face against the glass, gazing in longingly. The halfling watched them through the cracks in astonishment. These kids, who had to be 26, wore strange robes. Were they all wizards? Druids or a socesser perhaps? They were nothing new to the halfling, but he never knew kids so young could harness any such magic. Another strange thing met the halfling’s eyes, among them were demons. Demons and humans getting along, now there’s a thought. A taller adult human stormed in to the room, shoving the students aside. He waved his hand and in a flash, most of the chemicals disappeared. There remained two bottles on each table, one being yellow, the other purple.
    “Enter class,” the human seemed to snarl. The halfling felt uncomfortable watching the adult. He had black wavy hair, that fell to his collar. His face was wrinkled up, and cracked like an egg. When he spoke, the halfling noticed how snake like his tounge was. The adult sniffed the air. “There are more than 35 in this class,” he hissed in disgust, “someone is not meant to be here…” Swift as a bat, he came to the closet door. The halfling winced, surprised that the chemicals weren’t knocked. He tore opened the closet door.
    “What are you doing in my class boy?”
    “I don’t know,” I simply answered. It was the truth after all. The look in his eyes, told me he believed me.
    “What’s your name, boy?” the human asked instead, with an obvious distaste in his voice. Name? The halfling could not recall. What was his name?
    “Cob,” he decided to invent a name, “Cob Ian.”
    “Well Cob, how old are you?” the adult pressed. The halfling noticed he was writing all he said. The halfling wondered about his age. He knew what he meant by it, yet somehow he could not recall. He settled on the age of the students. 26.
    He was just about to speak, but when he opened his mouth, a painful thought struck him. He jammed it shut.
    “Out with it boy,” the adult hissed impatiently. The halfling poundered at his thought. What was the human version of 26?
    The halfling remembered, and answered, “14, sir.” The adult opened a hatch that was inside the wall. He set the note down, and the wind sucked it up instantly.
    “Well, Cob, back to your class. You will receive a letter, regarding your punishment.”
    “yes sir,” the halfling gasped.
    Now the halfling wandered down the empty halls. He could see through the windows, students packed in their classes. He came across to a group of lockers. One of which were open. Inside, he snatched a leather bag. He hurried off to a secure location, where he’d be able to open it. He soon came to what he identified as male bathrooms. He dropped the leather bag, and savagely searched within. Inside he found an ID, diary and a timetable. He studied the ID. He didn’t know who this boy was…. But he would use his identity for the time being.
    Freddy Arrowhead.

Last edited by simomate on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : type: I said young instead of tounge. I said hair instead of air.)
    Back to top Go down
    http://forum.dofus.com/en/23-spitting-bwork-tavern/215352-avenge
    Kat
    Penitent
    Kat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:16 am

She walked along the hall in a dreamlike manner; her third class, Sentient Creature Anatomy, had just been released. The sutdents murmured and yawned as they began to go back to their rooms. Kamu's day was, to be quite honest, horrendously boring. All the buzz about the new duties and she only saw a few new students using magic in the halls and a couple skipping class; she felt more like a janitor than a "guardian". Her hand brushed along the corridor wall as she walked and she gave a sigh; she was only doing a job the instructors didn't want to do, basically....

"Its stupid," she mumbled then looked around her; the girl had not been paying attention as she walked and now found herself in front of a large marble statue. It was a warrior clad in spiky armor, holding a torch alooft and a shield defensively. "All the years past n' every wanderin path stops m'ere," she stared at the name carved into the statue's base, "Vintus Hargon, so we meet again." There were no other students around, it was night after all and her class had gone in the other direction. As she turned and sat upon the statue's base a thought crossed her mind; there were never any students in this part of the school. Kamu shrugged it off, the school was very large, this statue couldn't be that weird... "To all those who can hear my voice...gather in the courtyard... a matter of great importance looms in the near future."

The girl snapped to attention, "Ya ain't chatterin' now are ya!?" She stared into the depths of the statue's carved helmet for a long heartbeat. "No? 'Course not. Better not," she pointed to the statue accusingly. Satisfied with the silence she decided to make her way to the courtyard, in no particular hurry. As she turned the corner, she glanced one final time at the statue. It sat in its shadowy corner, a small window above shone moonlight upon its torch.

The girl snapped her gaze away from the statue quickly and hastened her steps. As she made her way to the courtyard she tried her hardest to brush the thought from her mind, it was such a strong feeling and it didn't make any sense. Where had it come from? A memory? Her imagination? Kamu gritted her teeth, the word, the thought, was only an instant but the feeling, overwhelming, made her heart pound.

"Protect."
    Back to top Go down
    Evil KittyX
    Mentor
    Evil KittyX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 pm

It did not take long for Hugo to find his way to the school's courtyard, but as he entered the cafeteria, a blue ball of light could be seen hovering through the windows. When he passed into the courtyard, he could see he was not the only one to receive the message. Hugo looked around at all the different students, each was from different grades, and one or two were from his classes. Everyone was talking amongst themselves, wondering why they were lead here by some voice. As if to answer their questions, the ball of light became active and projected an image of Leviathan.

"Thank you all for coming. Time is short as I don't have much power left, so I will only say what is important," the image spoke with the same voice that called them, "After one month's time, a series of events will take place that will judge the fate of this school and life as you know it, and by coming here, you are accepting your fate at playing a hand in these events. From now on, your friends may become enemies, loyalties will be tested, and some of you may not even survive events...By now some of you are questioning whether or not what I say is true, so know this... Your future may not be set in stone, but you all will play some part in what is to come... Before I go, I have but one request... protect my heart, for it is the key that will either save us all or doom the worlds." With that last word said, a small blue orb formed from the light and shot forward into the gathering of students. The orb bobbed and weaved through the students till it found its target, Hugo. With a force strong enough to know Hugo on his rear, the orb lodged itself in Hugo's chest before melting into his body. In seconds, majority of the students gathered around Hugo, each having mixed feelings about the chosen bearer of the heart, including Hugo himself.

Several weeks passed since that night, and the end of the month was drawing close. Hugo's progress in his classes were just barely average while his psychiatry was progressing a little faster than Ms.Lambra thought; although she could not help but notice he was distracted so much that he seemed to forget his fear. Hugo never saw much of Brick except when he's sleeping in the mornings, but Hugo could not shake the feeling something was different between them now. As for the other students involved that night, many of them either stayed silent or tried to deny the event as if it never happened. Few managed to make check ups on Hugo every now and then, but in the end even they started to drift off with each passing week. All the attention was making Hugo feel really self conscious, like he should be acting like someone willing to put his life on the line to protect the heart he was given instead of looking like some timid little monkey.

On the first day of the new month, flyers were posted around the school announcing a special event that would be taking place on the 15th of the month. It was on that same day the school noticed several students had gone missing, and this worried Hugo to no end. Since then, he felt like someone was constantly watching him from the shadows, waiting for a moment to strike when he was most vulnerable.

Little did Hugo, and those that gathered in the courtyard, know was that a plan to kill Leviathan was set in motion, and it starting with ridding the heart of its protectors.

In an undisclosed location within the school

"So, they finally began to make their move."
    "Sir, I received message stating Mr.Hollow managed to capture one of the spies."
    "Good, begin interrogation immediately. I want to know what those damn angels are planing to do with those students."
    "Yes sir."
    Footsteps are heard leaving the room followed by a door closing
    "It's one thing to go after the heart, but endanger innocent students is going to far, even for them..."
    Back to top Go down
    Suzen
    Counselor
    Suzen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 pm

OOC: THIS COUNTS AS A POST. Me and caps had a conversation. It has little detail, and it keeps switching from point of view. There's a blank between every switch of person talking. Please forgive any horrible copying mistakes I have made.
    Dee is the first speaker.
    "Yeah... uh.... it's been a while," she stuttered while staring at her old friend who had fallen on the ground.

"no kidding..." Using the doorframe as leverage, I hauled myself to my feet. "ouch...you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. So... how have you been?" Dee asked, while still stunned by Reese's presence and not knowing what to say.

I half-grinned at her. "been better, been worse. I have my good days." I paused, not sure what the he'll to say.
    "and...er, what about you? "Good... as far as good and bad goes for me." she grinned.

"So, you signed up here as well..." she hesitated while trying to break the awkward short periods of silence. "How long have you been going here?"
    I reached up and tugged at my antenna. "god, I don't know—a few years now. Eighth grade, wasn't it..?"

"Eight grade... So this is your fourth year here? You can show me around!" Dee rattled on, overcoming the initial disturbance.

Reese's grin widened farther. "Same old Dee, aren't you? Well, come on. We might as well head down to the caf. Most important place in the school."

"Uh.. Okay!" She hesitated before following Reese down the hallways.
    "So... ehh, Reese, I kinda have to ask you... umm..." Dee stuttered while feeling a little embarrassed.

Reese glanced over he shoulder, and shoved her hands into her pockets. "Something up?"

"W-.. What are we supposed to do here?"

Reese raised an eyebrow. "Come again..?"

Dee ducked away a bit before responding. "You know... at this whole school thing?"

"Well...its school." Reese looked perplexed. "We...learn. And skip class. And eat food."
    "You've been to school before! Its the same as ever."

"No, I haven't been to school. I never went there, remember? I kinda don't know what it's all about."

Reese frowned. "well...its...do you even have any bags? or books? How did you--?"
    Reese frowned again, and went back to pulling on her antenna. "Where to start..."

"Is there anything really specific you want to know, or should I just go from the basics?"

Well, I kinda wonder, what are these rooms for?

What are these rooms for, she asks..." Reese muttered under her breath, as she took Reese back to the room again. "Well. The students here dont usually go home after class, so everyone has a room, and one or two roommates.

As Reese talked, Dee floated around a listened carefully.

She pointed up. "Thats my half, up there. I guess this..." She gestured around her, "Is yours"
    "The rooms use some sort of fancy magical buisness to mould themselfves to fit the personalities and needs of it's occupants. This is the girls wing, we're in, the guys are on the other side of the school.
    "Alight. You got that?" Reese carefully folded her wings, and sat down.

Dee nodded, a habit she had copied from others, although it wasn't visible for Reese under her hood. After realizing this, she answered with a quick "Uh-uh".

"Good. Important question here. Do you have any supplies, like textbooks, and pencils, and notepaper?"

"Uh.... I can get some..." she muttered, after which she quickly disappeared and appeared again within seconds. Holding up a few school supplies she hesitantly asked "Like... this?"

Reese blinked a few times. That one would take some getting used to again. She reached over and flipped through all the stuff Dee was holding.
    Yep. You're gonna need your timetable though...We'll have to go down to the office for that later.

"Oh, I already got that."

"Ah, good, good. And I have some pencils you can have, too."
    Reese jerked her thumb over her head. "I have a spare case in my drawer up there.

Dee stared at Reese for a few second and reminded she hadn't a need for things such as bags or cases. "So... what's class like?"

"Class." Reese brushed her hair out of her face. "Class can be good, I suppose. If you do well, and behave, the teachers usually arent total jerks"
    "They do like to give lots of homework. And they also like to send me to detention." Reese looked grumpy.

"I mean.... what is it? What are we supposed to do there?"

"What do we do there?" She blinked a few times. "We mostly sit, and listen to the teacher. And try and learn stuff. It all depends on what class, really.

"Oh, it's for learning. Okay, I think I get it now." she said, a bit more settled now.

"Well...How about a tour? We till have a few hours before curfew"

"Um, sounds good. What's curfew, though?"
    "Curfew is when we have to be more carful about walking around in the halls." Reese grinned.

Dee nodded.

"Okay, then, where should we go first? The cafeteria?"

"Sounds good!"
    ----------------------------------------------

Dee was guided through most of the school, and they went back to their rooms again for this strange "Curfew" Reese kept mentioning.

The next day passed without too many irregularities. Dee went to some classes and mostly just floated near a seat or talked to Reese. She'd been trying to act as normal as possible, and seemed to be doing okay for now. After some classes, there was this period of time during which students would sit together to eat. Dee found it rather strange, but decided to go along with it. Things went pretty smooth, until a few hours later, Dee suddenly heard a voice. "To all those who can hear my voice...gather in the courtyard... a matter of great importance looms in the near future." Before she could think about it, she found herself teleported to the courtyard, where she waited for whatever was about to happen.

OOC: Will add happenings in said courtyard later.
    Back to top Go down
    xofaytox
    Apprentice
    xofaytox

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:19 am

Nero wrapped his arms around himself as his body shivered from the cold. Why didn't I put on a shirt? I should just go back to the room. Nero hated the cold, that's why he is always wearing a scarf. In reality the temperature was rather comfortable, but in Neros mind it was freezing. The hallways were deathly quiet and dark enough to get lost in. Luckily Nero had been going to Hellworth long enough to gain a good sense of direction. As he approached the courtyard he could start to hear voices of other students. When he entered he noticed that there were a few other students who appeared to have received the same message as he. A few he recognized, but no one he actually knew. There was one strange girl he noticed however. The sharp contrast between her white hair and blood red eyes made her stand out, but it was the feeling he got from her that made him notice her. It wasn't a bad feeling necessarily, just different. There are others? I wish I would have known that. Nero backed up against a wall to hide his bare back from the others. he had always been a little self conscious about the two large scars that went down his back. He had had them for as long as he could remember, and his adopted parents told him he that the scars had always been there.

A glowing orb of light hovered above them all. Once the last of the students arrived, the light projected an image of Leviathan. "Thank you all for coming. Time is short as I don't have much power left, so I will only say what is important. After one month's time, a series of events will take place that will judge the fate of this school and life as you know it, and by coming here, you are accepting your fate at playing a hand in these events. From now on, your friends may become enemies, loyalties will be tested, and some of you may not even survive events...By now some of you are questioning whether or not what I say is true, so know this... Your future may not be set in stone, but you all will play some part in what is to come... Before I go, I have but one request... protect my heart, for it is the key that will either save us all or doom the worlds." A few of the students gasped as the orb suddenly shot forward. It zigged and zagged between the students, many backing away once it got close. Even Nero pushed up against the wall and widened his eyes when it shot by him. He turned his head to follow where it went, when he saw it slam into another student. The light vanished within the boys body as he fell to the ground. Nero took a step away from the wall and looked at the half-breed with a confused expression, but not as confused as the boy looked.

For the first week or so, the events of that night dominated Neros thoughts. He would notice some of the other students from the courtyard and they would give each other a knowing look, but for the most part Nero stayed away from them. He rarely ever saw the Half-breed, whose name he learned was Hugo Vennes, but Nero didn't ask for this responsibility. He had more important things to do than worry about the well being of a stranger. He told Adriani about what happened, but he concluded that it was all a dream Nero had. Over the course of the month Nero began to forget about the night. Although his friendship with Adriani grew, Adriani began to grow even closer to Riddel. Adriani seemed to talk about her a lot, and whenever he did Nero would feel a pain in his stomach. Once the month ended Nero noticed fliers being put up around the school grounds. Apparently there was going to be an event of sorts. For the first time in weeks he thought back to that strange night.
    Back to top Go down
    Aidan
    Penitent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 am

ooc: if there's anything that should be changed just let me know and i'll do what i can :ooc

"Thank you all for coming. Time is short as I don't have much power left, so I will only say what is important. After one month's time, a series of events will take place that will judge the fate of this school and life as you know it, and by coming here, you are accepting your fate at playing a hand in these events. From now on, your friends may become enemies, loyalties will be tested, and some of you may not even survive events...By now some of you are questioning whether or not what I say is true, so know this... Your future may not be set in stone, but you all will play some part in what is to come... Before I go, I have but one request... protect my heart, for it is the key that will either save us all or doom the worlds."

It hadnt been a mistake afterall. Her father had spoken true. It wasnt just going to Hell. It was worse.

When the orb began moving, she was one of the few students that did not flinch. Instead, she kept her gaze fixated on it, watching it as it flew. When it disappeared into the body of a student, she fixed his image into her mind. Him huh...? Hm...Can't be helped I suppose. Backing slowly into the shadows, she slowly gathered her concentration. Once she was certain no one could see her, she scribed a circle around her. "Bearer of Astral space, concede this contract. Bring my presence to my destination."

With a resounding thrum only felt in her body, she felt the contract's completion. Daughter of Vassago. What destination do you seek? "I seek home away from home." With a short sense of dislocation, Aria vanished from the shadows and into her private room. Staggering a few steps, she promptly passed out.

"You will be transferring to Hellworth tomorrow." Her father didnt so much as waver when he said it. But it still didnt stop her from bristling because of it.

"I will be doing no such thing father! My tutors should be more than adequate to educate me in the arcane arts! I dont see why I should have to transfer to some middle of no-"

"It is not because of your education that you will be transferring there. It is because of something going on that we cannot foresee. It isnt just going to Hell in a handbag. Its something potentially worse." He finally looked at her now. Of all the emotions he had, this was one so foreign she recognized it: worry.

"Its that bad? What could...? Very well. On one condition. I will be unbound. Completely."

Her father couldnt hide his surprise at her condition. He didnt think she knew of the binding. "Very well. If you are asking for this, you already know the consequences." He gave a single nod. "I will not have to tell you them. Go, you'll be leaving in the morning...."

With a start Aria woke to the sound of someone knocking on the door to her room. "Nnn... What does someone what at hoc mortuus hora diluculo... Coming!" To her dismay it was someone from the Student Affairs office.

"Aria Vasson. You missed your inquiry meeting yesterday." With a slight pause they continued. "And why were you exercising magic after curfew?"

"I...missed it? What....." With a glance at her clock, she sank to her feet with a painful groan as she realize she had slept for nearly three days. She didnt bother answering the question out loud, opting to simply wrap her wings around her and hide.

"Relax. Your inquiry was granted. You have been alotted hall five for the next 4 weeks." As quietly as she came, the SA staff member left, leaving Aria to sort it out.

----

For the next few weeks assorted lights, shadows, and rumblings emanated from hall five as Aria continued to practice her arcane arts.

----

It was the last day that she had hall five alotted to when she noticed the fliers that some brave soul had posted outside of it. Slowly walking back towards the girls' dorms with a flier in hand, a pair of her wings softly moving in the physical realm to stir a cool breeze around her, Aria nearly bumped into one of the students she had seen a while ago. After remembering him, a sly smirk creased her face. "Heh~ Finally decided to wear a shirt have we?"

Oh yes, she was going to have fun at this school.

Last edited by Aidan on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the italicized conversation with her father is a dream while she's passed out, for those that are confused)
    Back to top Go down
    simomate
    Secretary
    simomate

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 am

OOC: This is kinda rough, as I didn't really proof-read. I dont have enough time in my life to write 1st class quality post haha

The halfling, or Freddy as he was to be known, wasn’t please with his new identity. It wasn’t his name, that displeased him. It was what he read in the diary, who he was doomed to become. The kid had somewhat depressing life with enemies at every turn. He describes himself, a nerd. His enemies, “The Bullies” continually beat him up for almost no reasons. Or just plain, being a loser. Taking up this identity, would require taking up the enemies that come with. The kid apparently had powers. Not quite the same as a wizard. The kid could create music without any form of instrument. Out of thin air he strikes a lovely cord and turn it into a song.
    The actual appearance of the kid, would be hard to mimic. At least this is what the halfling perceived at first glance. He had “pick-on-me” pasted on his forehead. He wore thick black glasses. He had a black-eye at the time the photo was taken. He wore a zebra styled tie, clearly too long for him. Along with his shirt, he tucked into his navy trousers. His hair was pure black. Looking at a different perceptive, the halfling decide he might not need to mimic Freddy completely as it was clear he had not many real friends. None that would tell the difference, between a halfling and a human anyway. Plus they were both similar heights. Of course, it would become a problem in 2 years or so, when the halfling ceased to grow. But never mind that, the halfling did not intend to keep this identity for too long. Using charcoal, the halfling painted his brown hair black. He also slightly tapped the area around his eyes, so it looked as if it had been punched. As for the clothes, the halfling realized he’d not be able to manage it. He wore simple brown clothing that did not much Freddy’s unusual fashion. He prayed no one would ask.
    After he was convinced by his disguise, he decided to fetch information about his location. Asking question, he decided, would get him in trouble. After all, he was but a quirky and strange nerd. At least that was his identity. So instead he decided on a stealthy approach. Listening in for information. He was astounded by how packed the halls suddenly were. Packs of students abruptly pushed towards their next class. Few lazed around, chatting with their friends. Some students seemed to be up to no good. Before long, an overwhelming sadness suddenly struck him. He shoved the pointless feeling aside, and continued past the students. There was nowhere to hide, really, so the halfling just kept his head down, praying no one would recognize him. The halls around him seemed to grow darker; the halfling swore he heard voices in the air. Yet the passing students seemed to take no heed. Strange, the halfling thought. As he went farther down the hall, the darkness seemed to grow greater, and whispers slightly more loudly. He suddenly wondered if he should turn back, away from this darkness. Perhaps his curiosity was getting the better of him. Alas, he could not refrain, he pushed on.
    The halfling gazed at his arms. He seemed to be fading quite a bit. Even his clothes fades with his skin. He seemed to fade completely, when he caught sight of what could only be source of the darkness. He could barely make out the wrath like creatures, draped in shadowy clothes. A student spoke to him, as though the creature was normal. The passing students felt like ghosts, in the halflings eyes. They seemed cautious of her, yet were not astonished. The words that come out of their mouths, the halfling could not comprehend. They seem to be distorted. The halfling felt dazed. He heard a woman’s scream in the distant, yet no one seemed to notice. That that he’d noticed, for they were becoming fuzzy, their movements felt like flashes. He feel in between a locker and a bin. He noticed the source of the shadow, fade away down the hall. As she left, the voices died, and shadows slowly lifted. The ghosts turned into flesh. The girl, whom was talking to the source of the shadows, noticed the halfling. And so she investigated.

OOC: Okay now to explain so Suzen doesn't misunderstand and get offended. When the halfling is around Dee, for some reason he hallucinates. He also fades as he comes closer to Dee, to the point where he disappears completely.Thats all I'm gonna say for now
    Back to top Go down
    http://forum.dofus.com/en/23-spitting-bwork-tavern/215352-avenge
    Kat
    Penitent
    Kat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:16 pm

"...I have but one request... protect my heart, for it is the key that will either save us all or doom the worlds." Leviathan turned himself into an orb and melded into the chest of one of the other students. Kamu stared at the boy with a look of distaste, a green half-monkey was to receive the heart of Leviathan? Surely, the great dragon had accidentally hit him! There was a stronger looking, although, shirtless boy standing near by, that must have been Leviathan's first choice, had to have been, but he missed. Kamu shook her head and sighed, what at first had seemed an interesting task had now become something of a joke. As the other students gathered around the boy, Kamu left with disinterest and quickly made her way back to her room.

As she walked across the grassy field in the room, to her cabin, she took a glance over at her roommate. The Demon has sprawled atop one of the giant mushrooms, that made something of a forest in the room, snoring loudly. "So Imma chosen one who ain't a chosen one. Pity that," she chuckled as she walked into her cabin. Sitting on her bed, she gazed out of her window at the faint blue glow of the mushrooms, lost in thought. No doubting it, two things had contacted her that night; the very thought of that strange voice, the feeling of the single word it spoke, put her on edge again. The girl shook her head defiantly, "I ain't protectin' no lil green monkeykin..." but still, she couldn't help but feel she needed to keep an eye on him...

And for the month she did, feeling somewhat like a stalker, she made sure as to avoid his sight. The other students eventually stopped paying attention to him but she continued to watch as much as she could. All of her classes being at night for the semester helped with the... Guarding? Watching? Stalking? The words seemed to meld together as she watched him from class to class, even on lunch. During the watching, she couldn't help but develop a little more animosity toward the boy; not only was his color offensive to her eyes but he was a slacker in his classes. He barley managed to pass, several times she just wanted to burst into his room and hold his face in front of a book or two. Perhaps it was stressful suddenly getting no attention at all to being rather popular with a "large" number of people.

Kamu used air quotes around "Large" because the boy seemed to have no friends at all. A contemplative look wrinkled her brow as she watched him eat a sandwich at lunch; maybe it was his color, maybe she wasn't the only one who thought it displeasing to look at. A chattering rose up as a fight broke out between three little imps in front of her. "Of all da places. Ya choosin to scuffle right'ere in fron' a me," she looked down at the writhing ball of demons who seemed to be fighting over a paper. With a sigh, she looked back up at the boy who was taking his time with his sandwich before, almost unconsciously, breaking up the fight with a kick. The imps growled and chattered at her, the paper landing uselessly on the ground. "Whadareya? First Graders by da looks," Kamu sneered, they snapped to silence at her harsh tone, "Ya eat in ere not all this tusslin! Ya better get right tots, don' be makin me ill temper'd," she flashed a ball of fire from both hands to emphasize her point. The Young imps nodded and hastily retreated into the crowded cafeteria.

Curiously, Kamu picked up the paper the imps were fighting over. It was a flier for an event on the fifteenth of the month. She then tilted her head to the side and dropped it into a nearby trash bin, what did she care about school events when there were more important things going on; she sized up the boy again. If he were to go the this, "event", she used air quotes again, as she did with all school events, then she'd have to follow of course. The girl shook her head, hopeful he would go, maybe he'd make some friends there... Nah, he needed to stick his nose in a book is what he needed to do!

Back to top Go down
    capslok
    Admin
    Admin
    capslok

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 pm

"Alright, Dee. See you t—"
    Someone flew by Reese just as Dee teleported, landing with a loud crash in a pile of bins. She leapt back with a shriek, instantly turning a bright shade of red.

“What the hell? Who are you?” She grabbed the kid by the shirt, and pulled him to his feet.

“Woah woah, steady there!” the boy exclaimed, unsteadily.
    Reese folded her arms and glared at him, choosing yo ignore the disgruntled stares.

The boy hesitated, as if unsure what she expected of him.

“What do you think youre doing, jumping in front of people like that?!” Reese paused for a moment, thinking.

“I-I don’t know what youre talking about?” The boy stammered nervously.

“Wait, where did you ev-?” Reese stopped mid-sentence. 

“What? Where did I what?” He was clearly confused.

“Well. I didn’t see you coming, from anywhere.” She glanced up and down the hallway, and knelt down to his level. What a shrimp, she thought to herself.

“I was standing here…well, over there, just five seconds ago. I lost control, I-“ the kid stopped himself, wondering if he should continue. Reese waited impatiently. 

“I just fell here,” he finished abruptly.

Reese was not satisfied. The boy's eyes wandered away from her face and around the rapidly emptying corridor, as though he was searching for an escape route. Reese, noticing this, slid into a crouch. This kid had some explaining to do before he was going anywhere. She would see to that.

"Pretty hard fall for someone who was, ah, 'just standing there'," she commented sarcastically. 

"Didn't you see the darkness? The black aura coming out of that wraith?" He blurted out suddenly. "The people turned into ghosts around her! And voices trailed after her...like...demons..." he trailed off. Reese stopped. Stared at him, hard. 

"Around who...Dee..? What the hell are you talking about?"

"...And you just kept talking to her. Your voices were hard to comprehend, yes, but no one seemed to notice any difference!" the boy finished, ignoring Reese's question. 

Reese gave the hallway another once-over. Class was about to start, and it was completely deserted. Coming to a quick decision, she grabbed the kid by the back of the shirt and his belt.

"Screw class. You're coming with me, bud," she declared. 

With that, she had hauled him across the hall and into an empty room, before he knew what had happened. 

"What are you—whe—!" His holler was cut off when Reese slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Quiet!" she hissed, shoving him into a chair. The kid was struggling wildly, terror in his eyes. He was strong for such a shrimp, too, though fortunately Reese had size and age on her side. With one hand still clamped firmly over his mouth, and the other one pinning him into the chair, she hooked her foot around a chair, and dragged it over. 

"Now," she said, sitting down across from him. "Tell me again what you saw. All of it."

The boy calmed down some, but something in his eyes...Reese shifted uneasily, and relaxed her grip.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," she admitted gruffly. "My intention wasn't to hurt you. I'm worried, is all." 

The boy relaxed by a few more degrees, and Reese slowly removed her hands. 

"I just want to ask you some questions. That's it."

"I told you," he replied. "the wraith, the one you were talking to, all around her were shado—"

"Dee," interjected Reese. Her name is Dee."

"That...that thing has a name?" he asked in disbelief. 

Reese found herself resenting the way he had phrased the question, and her defensive, temperamental side took the offense. 

"Are you screwing with me? What in Satan's name are you smoking?" She didn't really mean it though, and took no notice of his reply. It had been more reflex than real anger. 

Dee was a Grim Reaper. If the boy was telling the truth...

Reese, lost deep in thought, stopped paying attention to the boy in front of her. A very grave mistake, as it would turn out. 

In front of Reese, the boy reached slowly inside his pocket, and carefully pulled out a knife, slowly, carefully. Timing his actions. 

Reese was brought abruptly back to the situation at hand when she felt a sharp pain in her side. She had barely time to register a pocket knife buried to the hilt in her abdomen before something caught her under the jaw, sending her chair flying backwards. She landed in a clumsy roll, whipping off her cloak to reveal her wings, already buzzing at full speed. 
    "WGAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" she roared at his retreating back, before blasting after him. 
    She was in the hallway in moments, but the kid had completely disappeared. Reese dropped lightly to the ground, and sat up next to a wall. Her jaw was fine, thanks to the hard shell of skin she was blessed with. Had just caught her unawares. But the knife was another matter. It had to have been razor sharp to have gone in like that. And the kid had to have been stronger than he looked. 
    "SHIT!" she hollered, kicking the wall in frustration. And then, as her abdomen protested this action, "SHIT AGAIN!"

Later that night, Reese was swinging gently in her hammock. She was pissed. It had been almost half an hour before she'd managed to corner a ninth grade healer, whom she'd bullied into healing the wound in her side. He'd been pretty good about it, not asked questions. but then, when an angrier-than-a-raging-hornet wasp-chick tells you to do something, do it now, and keep your trap shut, you damn well do it. Still. Maybe she would even consider owing him a favor. 
    It still hurt quite a bit—most painkillers had little or no effect in Reese, and her outer layer of skin was too strong to allow for stitches, so all he'd been able to do was clean it and banda—

Reese found herself cut off mid-thought by an eerie voice which seemed to be coming from...her...head?

To all those who can hear my voice...gather in the courtyard... a matter of great importance looms in the near future.

She lay in bed for several minutes, weighing her options. Her side hurt. But this sounded big. She was tired, and wanted to sleep  It was the middle of the night, way past curfew. All the more fun. Reese hadn't bothered changing out of her day clothes before going to bed, so she simply swung herself off the side of the bed, wings humming comfortingly. 

The fly to the courtyard didn't take long, although it had made her wound bleed a little. Pressing a hand against the gauze pad, she perched on a gargoyle, where she had a birds-eye view of the proceedings below. Which were very strange indeed. The first thing that caught her attention was the blue orb. It was some sort of projector, and displayed on the wall opposite to her was a strange image she had only seen in her textbooks. The Leviathan. 
    What's going on here, she thought to herself.

There was also a small crowd if people below—though in the strange lighting, it was hard to be sure how many. Reese squinted, wondering if there was anyone she knew. 

"Thank you all for coming. Time is short as I don't have much power left, so I will only say what is important," It began. The crowd quietened. "After one month's time, a series of events will take place that will judge the fate of this school and life as you know it, and by coming here, you are accepting your fate at playing a hand in these events. From now on, your friends may become enemies, loyalties will be tested, and some of you may not even survive events...By now some of you are questioning whether or not what I say is true, so know this... Your future may not be set in stone, but you all will play some part in what is to come... Before I go, I have but one request... protect my heart, for it is the key that will either save us all or doom the worlds." Reese felt her jaw dropping open as the image vanished and the ball of light—the heart?—began to race through the crowd. They watched it, entranced, and it finally slowed before one person. (Reese couldn't tell who they were, or even whether they were male or female) The ball slowly...Reese couldnt find words to describe it. Melted? Into the person's chest. 

Still not quite sure what had just happened, and far from jealous of the little braggart who had been...er...ossmosified...by the little ball of light, Reese attempted to pull herself into a standing position, but found herself strangely weak.

"Stupid...knife...!" she spat out angrily.

Reese eventually managed to extricate herself from the stone gargoyle, and made it back to her bed, albeit with considerable difficulty.

Capslok: *passes out from exhaustion around four A.M.* 

OOC: Thanks to Simo for the help with the convo in the beginning. Sorry for the slow posting, I was feeling pretty...uninspired-like. ^^ if anything needs changing let me know!
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To Hellworth Academy   Welcome To Hellworth Academy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome To Hellworth Academy
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next